Guest blog written by Mieke Krijgsman, Smart Styling
We all love a good handbag. It’s in our genes!
Handbags are your wardrobe and outfit necessities. They complete your look, add a fashion statement and they’re practical.
Handbags are also a huge part of our every day lives, so making sure you select the right type for your lifestyle and personal style is crucial. A handbag is a great accessory to help express your individuality and style.
Here are some tips to take in consideration when looking for a new handbag;
- Ask yourself some questions – what am I going to carry in it? Do I like a hand or shoulder bag? Do I need it for work?
- Look at your body scale – if you have a petite body frame, a large or oversized bag will overpower you and make you look even more petite. If you have a tall / larger body frame, a small handbag will look out of proportion and make you look larger.
- Think about compartments, size and how long you will be holding or wearing the handbag.
- Buy the best quality you can afford for durability.
- Have a look at closures, some styles offer more security than others. A wide opening makes it easier for you to find things and put things in.
What you really need in your wardrobe is a large weekender bag, an everyday handbag and an evening bag for nights out and you’re sorted! You don’t need 20 different hand bags – it’s such a waste and you’ll find you only use 1 or 2 all the time anyway.
Neutrals go a long way and will match a lot of outfits but making a statement with a bag can really lift your outfit to the next level.
Here are some great bags for women that are on the go, need to fit in paperwork or even some products to show at a meeting.
1. Zara leather tote $190
2. Diana Ferrari handbag $90
3. Marcs revendable shopper $129
4. Strandbags cross over bag $111
5. Wayne Cooper structured tote $199
6. Leona Edminston large tote $139
7. Dome tote David Jones $130
8. Sashay many pouch tote $ 110
9. David Lawrence bowler bag $ 299
Don’t forget to regularly remove unnecessary items that weigh your handbag down to look after your neck and shoulders!
I hope you enjoyed this blog. If you have any questions about anything style related, please feel free to drop me a line!
Mieke Krijgsman, Personal Stylist
Mieke Krijgsman is a Personal Stylist, her business Smart Styling provides styling tips for Mum-preneurs! “I love helping women find their own unique style. I’m a firm believer that dressing and shopping should be fun.”